This Outlook error “The attempted operation failed. An object could not be found” usually occurs when you try to send emails. This article concludes 6 valid solutions to this problem.
Virtually two kinds of causes can bring about “The attempted operation failed. An object could not be found” error. That is Outlook misconfiguration and Outlook corruption. Here are 6 telling approaches to this problem.
1. Check if Outlook Is in Compatibility Mode
To begin with, you need to ensure that Outlook isn’t in compatibility mode. If it is, you should straight away correct it. Follow the steps below.
- In “Start Menu”, fill “outlook.exe” in search box and then the corresponding program will show up.
- Right click it and choose “Properties” from the popup menu.
- In the new dialog box, head to “Compatibility” tab, under which you should check if the option “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” is selected or not.
- If selected, please deselect it at once. And restart Outlook to send emails again. If unselected, it is likely that the problem lies in the other causes.
2. Create a New Profile
Another must-known reason for this issue is corrupted mail profile. So you should try to create a new profile to fix the error.
- 9 Reasons Why Your AirPods Keep Disconnecting with Full Battery (Fixed!!!)
- Top 30 Flac Player for Windows/Mac/iOS/Android
- How to Apply Small Caps in Word
- How To Increase Playback Speed in Videos
- Fix: Repairing Disk Errors, This Might Take an Hour [9 Ways]
- At the outset, close Outlook and access to ““Control Panel””.
- Then locate and click on “Mail” applet. In the new popup dialog box, click “Show Profiles” button.
- In the next dialog, click “Add” to create a new profile. Later you will be required to add account. Just follow the onscreen instructions to finish it.
- Eventually after creating a new profile, you can try to send email again. If succeed, the problem is solved. If the error persists, then you need to consider if antivirus software is to blame.
3. Disable Antivirus Scanner Integration with Outlook
Though antivirus software does make an important role in protecting Outlook from viruses, its integration with Outlook also poses several hidden troubles. For instance, every time when you send or receive emails, antivirus software will scan all of them, which will slow down the sending/receiving process and even result in errors. Therefore, you need to disable it, no matter in this program itself or “Add-ins” of “Outlook Options”. After disabling it, you can send emails again. If the error still pops up, you should turn to next method.
4. Repair Outlook
Repairing Outlook aims to fix all mistaken configuration in Outlook.
- Close Outlook and turn to “Start Menu”.
- Then type “appwiz.cpl” in the search field or “Run” box. And press “Enter”.
- In the new window, pitch on Microsoft Office and press “Change” button.
- Next in the new screen, choose “Repair” option and click “Continue” to start repair.
- At last, after repairing, restart Outlook and have a try.
5. Scan Outlook File for Errors via Scanpst.exe
By the above 4 techniques, if the error still cannot be solved, you should consider whether the problem arises from the issue on the file instead of configuration. Therefore, take aid of Outlook Inbox Repair Tool, Scanpst.exe, to check the file for errors. You can easily locate it by searching “Scanpst.exe” in Windows Explorer. After running this tool, just select the target PST file and start repair.
6. Lean upon Third Party Software
Assuming that Scanpst.exe fails as well, it is time to resort to third party software, say DataNumen Outlook Repair. It is well versed in repairing PST file. Hence, if the error really roots in file corruption, this tool can absolutely fix it.
- Microsoft testing a Windows ‘PC Manager’ system optimizer app
- Audio Distortion: Finding the Source and Clearing the Air
- You receive the error message “You cannot install the 64-bit version of Office 2010 because you have 32-bit Office products installed”
- Fix Roblox Teleport Failed Error Codes 769, 770, 772, 773 on Windows PC
- How To Enable Active Directory In Windows 11
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com