Football Manager 2022 PC players are reporting that the game is crashing at launch or not starting at all. Here is how to fix Football Manager 2022 not launching issue.
How to fix Football Manager 2022 launch issues?
Here are a few fixes that have helped other users resolve their Football Manager 2022 not launching problem. You may not need to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.”
- Check your PC specs
- Add an exception to your antivirus
- Update your graphics driver
- Verify the integrity of game files
- Delete the Caches and Preferences folder
- Run the game executable file as admin
- Open the game in windowed mode
- Repair your system files
Fix 1. Check your PC specs
Make sure you’re playing Football Manager 2022 in a 64-bit processor and operating system. If you’re on a 32-bit system, it’s recommended to upgrade your system and perhaps your device.
Fix 2. Add an exception to your antivirus
Antivirus is known to interfere with Football Manager 2022 and most of your Steam games. To make sure you can run your game, make sure you have added Football Manager 2022 as an exception to your antivirus software.
Or you can uninstall your antivirus temporarily (note that disabling it won’t work) and be very careful about the websites you’re visiting.
Fix 3. Update your graphics driver
If you are using the wrong or outdated graphics driver, it can cause launch issues especially in new game titles such as Football Manager 2022. So, it is recommended to keep your graphics driver up to date. The updated driver should solve the crashing at launch issues and it can also help to boost up the overall game’s performance.
You can update your graphics driver manually, by visiting the manufacturer’s website (NVIDIA/AMD), finding the latest correct installer and installing step-by-step. But if you don’t have the time or patience to install manually, you can do that automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for your exact graphics cards, and your Windows version, and it will download and install them correctly:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.(This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. If you don’t want to pay for the Pro version, you can still download and install all the drivers you need with the free version; you just have to download them one at a time, and manually install them, the normal Windows way.)
After updating your drivers, restart your PC and test the gameplay.
Fix 4. Verify the integrity of game files
Football Manager 2022 not launching can be caused by corrupt or missing game files. In that case, you can perform an integrity check to solve this issue. Here’s how:
1) Launch the Steam client.
- How to Install Steam Skins on Windows 10
- How to Disable Task Manager in Windows 10
- Fix NVIDIA Drivers Constantly Crash on Windows 10
- How To Scan Emails For Viruses in 2023 (EASY & SECURE)
- 5 Best and Free Photo Editing Apps for Windows 8.1
2) Go to LIBRARY, right-click on Football Manager 2022 and select Properties.
3) Go to LOCAL FILES and click Verify integrity of game files…
Once complete, launch the game to check if your game is working again.
Fix 5. Delete the Caches and Preferences folder
According to some Football Manager 2022 players, you can delete certain game files and restart the game to fix the launch issue. Here’s how:
1) On your keyboard, click Windows key + E at the same time to open File Explorer.
2) Go to View, and tick the Hidden items option.
3) Navigate to C:Users[Your Windows Username]AppDataLocalSports InteractiveFootball Manager 2022 and then delete the Caches and Preferences folder.
Fix 6. Run the game executable file as admin
If you can’t launch Football Manager 2022 after following the steps above, you may want to run this executable game file directly to see if this helps.
1) Right-click Football Manager 2021 from the game list and click Properties.
- 6 Fixes to a Required Device Isn’t Connected or Can’t Be Accessed [MiniTool Tips]
- How to change DNS server using Command Prompt and PowerShell
- How to Fix Cortana Can’t Connect to the Internet Issue [Partition Magic]
- Changing the Inbox View in Outlook – Instructions
- UVK Ultra Virus Killer Download For Windows 10.20.7.0
2) Select Local Files and then Browse local files.
3) Locate the game’s executable and run the game as an administrator.
Fix 7. Open the game in windowed mode
If Football Manager keeps getting stuck at the loading screen, you can run it in windowed mode, which has helped many other players.
1) Right-click on Football Manager 2021 and select Properties.
2) In the GENERAL tab, uncheck Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game and type -windowed under LAUNCH OPTIONS.
Launch your Football Manager 2022 to check if your launch issues have been resolved successfully.
Fix 8. Repair your system files
If you get an error message such as “vcruntime140_1.dll or MSVCP140.dll was not found” or ” xinput1_4.dll is missing”, it means that there’s certain system file missing on your PC, thus causing your Football Manager 2022 to not launch. Here’s how to fix it:
- Option 1 – Automatically (Recommended)
Use a repair tool to check various areas in your computer to determine the cause of your exact problem. It will deal with issues related to system errors, critical system files and find the right fix for you.
- Option 2 – Manually
System File Checker is a built-in tool to check for corrupt, damaged system files and manage to restore them if there’re any. However, this tool can only diagnose major system files, and won’t deal with damaged DLL, Windows Registry key, etc.
Option 1 – Automatically (Recommended)
Feel free to drop us a line if you have any suggestions or questions.
- game crash