Causes of the Error Code 0x80070bc9
Error Code 0x80070bc9 error code is common for all the Windows Operating systems when you try to install the updates. It usually appears when Windows 10 or Windows 7 update system is broken or there is network related glitches.
Usual causes for this Error Code 0x80070bc9 are communication failure over the internet with Microsoft update servers.
Firstly, I will suggest you to do Windows Troubleshoot for Error Code 0x80070bc9.
Disable the proxy internet connection and try again to install the update.
How to Disable the Proxy Connection?
- Firstly, open Internet Explorer and click on Tools->Internet Options
- Secondly, go to Connections and LAN Settings
- Finally, make sure the Proxy server is disabled.
Second case would be with your Antivirus. There are proxy settings enabled under your settings of any security programs that you may be using. If you cannot find the procedure to stop it, you can ask our techs on chat support to guide you.
How to Resolve the Error Code 0x80070bc9?
There are failed windows update services that could also cause you this Error 0x80070bc9 while updating Windows.
Try the below steps to repair Windows services:
Repairing Windows update services is not possible like you repair any windows apps from the add/remove programs. There is a procedure that you need to follow through command lines.
Above all, this requires the user to have administrator rights on his computer.
As per the Microsoft set of rules defined on various Knowledge base articles, the steps are simplified as mentioned here to reset your windows update services.
Following these steps carefully will not make any changes to your personal data or programs. It will only reset the Windows update services.
- Firstly, open Command Prompt as Administrator by right clicking on it.
- Secondly, go to c:windows
- After this, rename software distribution folder to old
- Some cases it may not happen until you stop the windows update services
- To stop that, you can run a command line “Net stop wuauserv” and hit Enter
- Followed by you can try to rename this folder software distribution to old
- After that, restart the windows update service
- Then use this command “Net start wuauserv” and hit Enter
- Finally, check for updates now.
SFC Scan to Fix Error Code 0x80070bc9:
SFC SCAN is the command line that we use to do this process. I will explain you the steps in detail on how to perform this scan.
- Firstly, open the Command Prompt as an Administrator.
- Next, type this below syntax on the command line window.
- SFC /SCANNOW
- And Hit Enter
This process may result positive note saying all the issues are resolved and the other side the negative result could be that your windows is corrupted.
- How To Set Up Xbox One Parental Controls
- Outlook Notifications Not Working? A Guide to Fixing It Here [MiniTool Tips]
- 14 Best Free Music Player with Lyrics for Windows
- 4 Ways To Enable Right Click On Websites That Disable It
- How to Delete Skype Messages? [2023 Answered]
In this case, you should really work hard to reinstall windows operating system.
However, backing up data is the foremost important thing in order to make sure you won’t lose your personal files.
If you have problem in doing this method, we advise you to choose a Technical Support from us to help you better.
In addition, you can check the reviews of Assured assist from your friends and family.
However, I am sure any disaster that would have happened for few are due to their system hardware dependencies.
Simultaneously, we give you assurance about your money and the service. If you like to see the procedure for a paid support, you may ask the Tech available online here on this page.
Related Error codes:
- How to restore deleted Teams and Channels in Microsoft Teams
- Windows 10 or 11 Won’t Wake From Sleep With Keyboard or Mouse? What to Do
- [Solved] Kernel Data Inpage Error Windows 10 (Blue Screen)
- Fix Microsoft Language IME high CPU usage on Windows 11/10
- 7 Free ‘Take A Break’ Reminders – Relieve Tired Eyes And Prevent Repetitive Strain Injury
Something went wrong
Unhandled Error codes