Struggling with the error 0x80070BC9 in Windows 10 while installing the latest updates then this article is for you. Here check out the complete information about the windows update error 0x80070BC9.
Updating Windows operating system is very important to make it more secure and perform smoothly. The latest updates delivered by Microsoft include security patches essential to the Windows system.
However, updating the Windows operating system is not always easy as many times the users are found reporting the update process gets stuck with the error codes.
One most irritating error is the Windows update error 0x80070BC9.
The error code 0X80070BC9 can be fixed by following certain possible fixes. So below learn the tested possible solutions to fix update error 0X80070BC9 Windows 10.
What Causes Error Code 0X80070BC9?
Well, there are different reasons responsible for Windows update error 0X80070BC9. Here check out some of them:
- Damaged or corrupted Windows system files.
- Incomplete installation of the update
- Improper deletion of the applications or hardware.
- Due to recently installed software
- Unexpected system shutdown when the update process is running
- The policies restricting the behaviors of Windows Module Installer.
Now try the given fixes to resolve update error 0X80070BC9 Windows 10/8/7.
How to Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0X80070BC9?
#1: Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
To fix the error 0X80070BC9 very first try running the Windows Update Troubleshooter, follow the steps to run it:
- Click Start > Settings > Updates and Security > Troubleshoot.
- And choose the Windows Update troubleshooter and run it.
- After completing the whole process > restart the system
Now check if the Windows update error 0X80070BC9 is fixed or not.
#2: Check Status of Windows Modules Installer Worker Service
Many users confirmed that setting the Windows Modules Installer Worker Service to Manual, help the user to fix the error code 0X80070BC9.
Follow the steps to do so:
Now check the update error 0X80070BC9 is fixed or not.
#3: Uninstall Recently Installed Software
As it is stated above the recently installed software may cause the error code 0X80070BC9, so check for the recently installed software and then uninstalls it.
Well, many times manually uninstalling the software won’t remove it completely so here it is suggested to uninstall the programs with the third-party uninstaller.
Get Revo Uninstaller to uninstall any program completely
#4: Run the System File Checker (SFC)
If you are still encountering the error then run the SFC scan this helps you to fix the Windows system files corruption.
Follow the given instructions:
- Hit Win + X key > select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Then in the Command Prompt > type ‘sfc /scannow’ > Enter
- And wait for the whole process to complete (this may take approx. 15 minutes)
After completing the scanning process, restart your system and check if the error is fixed or not.
#5: Restart the Background Intelligent Transfer Services
Try restarting the Background Intelligent Transfer Services (BITS), to fix the Windows update error 0X80070BC9.
Follow the given instructions:
- Press Windows key + R > and in run box type services.msc.
- And on the list locate the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) on the list.
- Right-click the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) service > click Properties.
- Assure the Automatic (Delayed Start) is selected on the General tab. If not selected then click Apply
- Next to Service Status > check if service is started > if not click Start
#6: Contact IT administrator to modify the group policies
The main cause of the issue is policies that control the start behavior for Windows Module Installer. You need to remove them like the Windows Modules Installer Worker Service is managed by the operating system itself.
Well, there are various policies, so here it is recommended to contact the IT administrator to modify them.
Hope the given fixes work for you to fix the Windows update error 0X80070BC9.
Easy Solution to Fix Error 0X80070BC9 in Windows 10
Hope after following the solutions given the Windows update Error 0X80070BC9 is fixed but if not or you are looking for an easy solution then here it is suggested to try running the PC Repair Tool.
- Best free Music Players for Windows 11/10 PC
- A Quick Guide on How to Fix Firefox Addons Not Working [Partition Magic]
- What is port forwarding and how to forward ports in 2023
- How to Fix Feature Update to Windows 10, Version 1903 – Error 0x80070002
- [Fix] A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed with error
This is an advanced repair utility that fixes various computer problems like stubborn Windows errors, protects you from virus/malware, DLL error, repair corrupt registry entries, BSOD error, and many other errors and issues in the Windows system.
This not only fixes errors but also optimizes the Windows PC performance
Get PC Repair Tool, to Fix Error 0x80070bc9 Windows Update
So, now it’s your turn to follow the given fixes one by one to resolve Windows update error 0X80070BC9. I tried my best to list down the entire possible solutions to resolve the error 0X80070BC9 in Windows 10.
Make sure to follow the steps and given commands carefully to prevent further issues.
Hope the article turns out to be helpful for you and you are able to install the Windows update with ease.
Moreover, if there is anything that I missed out or you are having any comments, queries or suggestions then feel free to share with us on our Facebook page. Also do like, share & follow our page to find out more interesting articles.
— Update: 14-03-2023 — us.suanoncolosence.com found an additional article How to Fix Windows 10 Update Error Code 0x80070BC9 from the website www.howtoedge.com for the keyword fix windows update error 0x80070bc9 on windows 10.
Microsoft releases new security patches for different versions of Windows 10 every second Tuesday of a month. If you want to avoid any vulnerability that appears from time to time, you must download and install these cumulative updates. But at times, Windows update fails and rather displays error code 0x80070BC9. This bug usually comes along with an error message that reads the following –
There are several reasons that may cause this issue on your computer. Out of them, the most common issue is the stopped Windows Modules Installer service. Go and check the current status of this service and in case you find this service, change its startup type to “Manual”, and start this. Corrupt Windows update folders and problematic installation of new programs may also cause this error. In this tutorial, we have discussed five checks that you must ensure in order to get rid of this persisting error. Let’s explore them in detail –
Ways to Fix Update Error Code 0x80070BC9
In order to get rid of the 0x80070BC9 issue, you may try out the following resolutions sequentially –
1. Modify the status of Windows Modules Installer
First of all, you need to check the current status of the Windows Modules Installer service. In case, you find this service set as “automatic”, you must change its startup type to “manual” using the steps below –
- Launch Run by pressing Win + R.
- Type “
services.msc” in the text field and hit OK.
- When the Services window comes into the display, scroll down to Windows Modules Installer service.
- Right-click over this service and select the Properties option.
- See what’s up there under the “Startup type” section. Use the drop-down next to it and select “Manual“.
- Come down a bit further and hit Start under the “Services status”.
- Restart your computer and when it reloads, check if the 0x80070BC9 error is still there or gets resolved.
If not, try the next set of solutions –
2. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Sometimes, a simple troubleshooting task may also resolve different update-related issues on the computer. In case you haven’t tried this solution yet, we suggest going for this –
- Press “WinKey and I” to launch the Settings app.
Update & Security > troubleshoot.
- Click Additional troubleshooters on the right pane.
- Subsequently, click to expand Windows Update and hit Run the troubleshooter.
- The troubleshooter will look for the exact cause that had brought this issue and provide a fix to resolve this.
3. Remove recently installed Applications
The update error code 0x80070BC9 may also occur due to some recent installation of programs or software in Windows 10. If you do have installed any new application on the computer and start getting this bug afterward, we suggest uninstalling that specific software.
4. Clean Windows Update folders
Windows update folders get filled with lots of unnecessary information that requires cleaning from time to time. If you don’t clear these folders regularly, such errors are bound to occur. Hence, make sure to clean these update folders before applying a new update to your device.
5. Manually install the latest cumulative update
Whenever a new security/non-security patch gets released for Windows 10, Microsoft also provides a standalone package for the corresponding update at the Update Catalog site. All you require is to visit the official site, download the standalone packages, and manually upgrade your computer to the latest OS build version.
I hope after applying the above fixes, you are now able to upgrade your Windows 10 without getting into the error code 0x80070BC9. If you have any queries or suggestions, let’s know in the comment section below.
— Update: 19-03-2023 — us.suanoncolosence.com found an additional article How to Fix Window Update Error Code 0x80070bc9 from the website www.officelivesupport.com for the keyword fix windows update error 0x80070bc9 on windows 10.
Causes of the Error Code 0x80070bc9
Error Code 0x80070bc9 error code is common for all the Windows Operating systems when you try to install the updates. It usually appears when Windows 10 or Windows 7 update system is broken or there is network related glitches.
Usual causes for this Error Code 0x80070bc9 are communication failure over the internet with Microsoft update servers.
Firstly, I will suggest you to do Windows Troubleshoot for Error Code 0x80070bc9.
Disable the proxy internet connection and try again to install the update.
How to Disable the Proxy Connection?
- Firstly, open Internet Explorer and click on Tools->Internet Options
- Secondly, go to Connections and LAN Settings
- Finally, make sure the Proxy server is disabled.
Second case would be with your Antivirus. There are proxy settings enabled under your settings of any security programs that you may be using. If you cannot find the procedure to stop it, you can ask our techs on chat support to guide you.
How to Resolve the Error Code 0x80070bc9?
There are failed windows update services that could also cause you this Error 0x80070bc9 while updating Windows.
Try the below steps to repair Windows services:
Repairing Windows update services is not possible like you repair any windows apps from the add/remove programs. There is a procedure that you need to follow through command lines.
Above all, this requires the user to have administrator rights on his computer.
- Discord keeps logging out? Here are the fixes!
- How to Calculate Exponential Moving Average in Excel
- FIX: Can’t Remove Bluetooth Devices on Windows 10
- Outlook notifications are not working on Mac
- Is it OK or Bad to place desktop PC on the floor?
As per the Microsoft set of rules defined on various Knowledge base articles, the steps are simplified as mentioned here to reset your windows update services.
Following these steps carefully will not make any changes to your personal data or programs. It will only reset the Windows update services.
- Firstly, open Command Prompt as Administrator by right clicking on it.
- Secondly, go to c:windows
- After this, rename software distribution folder to old
- Some cases it may not happen until you stop the windows update services
- To stop that, you can run a command line “Net stop wuauserv” and hit Enter
- Followed by you can try to rename this folder software distribution to old
- After that, restart the windows update service
- Then use this command “Net start wuauserv” and hit Enter
- Finally, check for updates now.
SFC Scan to Fix Error Code 0x80070bc9:
SFC SCAN is the command line that we use to do this process. I will explain you the steps in detail on how to perform this scan.
- Firstly, open the Command Prompt as an Administrator.
- Next, type this below syntax on the command line window.
- SFC /SCANNOW
- And Hit Enter
This process may result positive note saying all the issues are resolved and the other side the negative result could be that your windows is corrupted.
In this case, you should really work hard to reinstall windows operating system.
However, backing up data is the foremost important thing in order to make sure you won’t lose your personal files.
If you have problem in doing this method, we advise you to choose a Technical Support from us to help you better.
In addition, you can check the reviews of Assured assist from your friends and family.
However, I am sure any disaster that would have happened for few are due to their system hardware dependencies.
Simultaneously, we give you assurance about your money and the service. If you like to see the procedure for a paid support, you may ask the Tech available online here on this page.
Related Error codes:
Something went wrong
Unhandled Error codes