Do you want to know how to resolve Chrome error code 4: 0x80070005? When you visit the Google Chrome About page, it will check for updates, download them, and then install them. However, after updating the Chrome browser, many users experience Error code 4: 0x80070005 – System Level. If you are experiencing the same error or problem, you can try the methods described in this article. Users occasionally encounter a variety of issues when attempting to update the Chrome browser.
When updating or installing Chrome browser, they receive error messages such as error code 7, 0x80072EE7, Chrome update failed with error codes 3, 4, 7, 10, 11, 12, and so on. Some Google Chrome errors are resolved by restarting the computer or resetting the Chrome browser. If you do not receive any assistance with this error, you can try some other solutions. Below we have mention the steps to fix Chrome Error Code 4: 0x80070005.
How to fix Chrome Error Code 4: 0x80070005
Change the Google Update Service Startup type
There are a few services that run in the background to ensure that certain tasks are completed without the users’ knowledge, such as updating some applications or triggering certain events. If these services are not running or if there is a problem with the service, it can cause the problems or errors mentioned in the preceding article.
- Fix Razer Blade touch screen not working
- How To Invite Someone to a Server in Discord
- 8 Reasons Why Your PC Keeps Shutting Down Randomly
- How to Use iCloud Photos With Microsoft Photos on Windows 11
- Cloned SSD Won’t Boot? Make Cloned SSD Bootable [5 Ways]
As a result, we advise our users to check the services app to see if the Google Update Service service is operational. Here are the instructions for using the services app.
- You must first open the run command box. To do so, press the Win+R keys simultaneously.
- Then, in it, type services.msc and press the Enter key.
- When the services app window opens, look for the Google Update Service service.
- Right-click the Google Update Service and then choose Properties from the context menu.
- Select Manual from the Startup type dropdown menu in the General tab, which opens by default.
- After that, click Apply and OK.
- After that, close the services window and restart your system once.
- Check to see if the problem persists after the system restarts.
Run Chrome browser as Administrator
If the problem persists despite confirming that all relevant services are operational, it may indicate that the Chrome browser lacks administrator privileges on the system. To resolve this, launch the Chrome browser as an administrator on your system. We have detailed instructions on how to open Chrome as an administrator provided below.
- Type chrome into the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Then, from the context menu, right-click on the Google Chrome app and select Run as administrator.
- This may bring up a UAC prompt, which you must accept by clicking Yes in order to proceed.
- When you click Yes, the Chrome browser app will be launched as an administrator on the system.
- You can now update the Chrome browser without encountering any problems.
Uninstall and then Install Chrome Browser again
If an app installation is not completed properly or is interrupted while it is being completed, errors such as those described above may occur. As a result, we recommend uninstalling and then reinstalling the Chrome browser on the system. To reinstall the Chrome browser on your system, follow the steps outlined below.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + R keys together.
- The Run command box appears on your screen.
- Enter the command appwiz.cpl.
- This launches your system’s Programs and Features wizard.
- From the list of programs, select Google Chrome.
- Select Google Chrome from the list and then click Uninstall at the top.
- This will begin uninstalling the Chrome browser; if necessary, follow the instructions to completely uninstall.
- Close the Programs and Features window once it has been completely uninstalled.
- Now go to Google Chrome’s downloads page.
- Then, press the Download Chrome button.
- This will save the ChromeSetup.exe file to your computer.
- Double-click the ChromeSetup.exe file in your Downloads folder (C:Users%username%Downloads).
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation and ensure that it is not interrupted in the middle.
- After installation, you can launch the Chrome browser and begin using it because it is now up to date because you reinstalled it.
After applying all this above solution and still stuck in the same issue than we recommend you to go to their official Chrome support website and request your problem to be solved. Google Chrome is a free web browser that can be used to access the internet and run web-based applications. The open source Chromium web browser project serves as the foundation for the Google Chrome browser. Google Chrome was released in 2008, and it receives several updates each year. Google Chrome is available for desktop operating systems (OSes) such as Microsoft Windows, Apple macOS, and Linux, as well as mobile OSes such as Android and iOS. Google Chrome is the default browser for Google devices such as Android phones and Chromebook laptop computers.
- How to convert PDF document to a multipage TIFF image in Windows 11/10
- Enable Potentially Unwanted Application (PUA) protection in Edge browser
- Windows 10 October 2018 Update v1809 – Problems and Issues being reported
- Amazon Music Error 200? How to Fix?
- Fix Windows Update or Activation error code 0xc004f075
I hope you understand this article, How to fix Chrome Error Code 4: 0x80070005.