How to Solve Windows Media Player not Working on Windows 10/11?
The audio video formats supported by Windows Media Player are somewhat limited. When you are running into compatibility issues with Windows Media Player on Windows 10 or Windows 11, try the following methods.
Method 1. Install Codec or Codec Pack for Windows Media Player
You can find some Windows Media Player Codecs online (but we recommend you only try installing Windows 10 Media Player Codec Pack from safe and trustworthy websites). However, some of the components in such codec packs may have incompatibility issues, which will cause serious playback errors in the Player and other players, lead to system corruption, and make it difficult for Microsoft to diagnose and troubleshoot. To avoid such incompatibility problems that might arouse Windows 10/11 errors, you have other different ways to choose.
Method 2. Convert Incompatible Videos to Windows 10/11 Media Player Supported Ones
One of the most feasible solutions to play any media on the new Windows OS is to convert FLV, WebM, MOD, TOD and any other incompatible videos to the media formats supported by Windows 10/11.
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe is the most secure and effective 4K video converter to transfer between any video formats. It makes media files more compatible with Windows 10/11 and become the native Windows 10/11 videos (e.g. WMV) almost without quality loss.
No matter what players you are using on your Windows 10 PC, Windows 10 phone or Windows 11 PC, you can count on the media converter for video conversion. With embedded in 400+ video/audio codecs, it supports all video audio types you can think of, and almost all kinds of video resolutions (including 4K UHD) currently.
- How to Download Videos from Tumblr with 5 Easy Methods
- How to Download Amazon Music on Any Device [Ultimate Guide]
- Free Download Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 10 [Partition Manager]
- Use Python to Download Multiple Files (or URLs) in Parallel
- Supercharge Steam Downloads: Quick & Easy Fixes
With a great many ready-made profiles, it even enables you to convert videos directly to Microsoft Windows Phones, tablets, Surface Pro (3), Xbox (One), Zune, and also Apple TV, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Android devices, Chromecast, etc.
Method 3. Download Third-party Media Player for Windows 10/11
Rather than converting HD/4K videos, you can choose to download another best free media player as the replacement of Windows Media Player for Windows 10 or 11, or say Windows Media Player alternatives. We would have suggested you to use VLC player which is open source and has its own built-in codecs. But now VLC also has many errors, you can try another media player for Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8 or Windows 7.
- It plays DVDs, and all video formats (MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI, H264, H265, VP9, AV1…) and music, supports 4K UHD and 3D videos;
- Downloads online videos from 1000+ sites, converts YouTube to MP3, and (AirPlay) streams media between devices.
- It is your must-have DVD/4K/3D media player and library for Windows 10/11 – 100% FREE and CLEAN!
Here are how to download the media mlayer for Windows 10/11 free:
Step 1. Go to the official page of 5KPlayer, view the product introduction to see if it is the one you want.
Step 2. Click on the second button on the first screen to download the media player for Windows. It is fully compatible with Windows 10/11.
- Torrent Site 1337x Bans ‘YTS’ For Handing User Data to Movie Companies (Updated)
- How to Download Paid iOS Apps for FREE – No Jailbreak
- How To Download iPhone/iPad Apps Without Using an Apple ID
- 3 Tried Ways to Play Fortnite on Your Chromebook!
- The best zombie games on PC 2023
Step 3. Proceed to install 5KPlayer and double click the icon to open the software.
Step 4. Click on specific buttons to play “Video”, “DVD”, “Music” and “Radio”, or “YouTube” button to download online videos from any of the mainstream online videos sites, or “AirPlay” to receive and send AirPlay streams.